TIME TO UPGRADE YOUR FACE MASKS?
Experts Suggest Multilayers Provide Maximal Protection
by Spencer Cox and Charlene Hudson, January 28, 2021
Regarding the recent reports describing new coronavirus variants that may be more contagious, extra layers can improve face masks' effectiveness. Numerous references speak to wearing a multilayer cloth face mask with an additional filter as a precaution to help slow the spread of COVID-19.AARP
explains how wearing two tightly woven cloth face masks can achieve increased protection. The CDC
recommendation is to wear a face mask with at least two layers of tightly woven fabric. Many sources, including Elemental
, suggest wearing reusable face masks with an extra filter layer that is periodically replaced. In an appearance on The View
on January 28, 2021, Dr. Ashish Jha, Dean of the Brown University School of Public Health, recommends wearing a surgical mask with a cloth face mask over it when in high-risk indoor environments.
Considering that all masks are not created equal, GIMDx
provides maximal protection with multilayer cloth face masks equipped with additional filters. Designed with superior filterability and wearability for all eligible ages, ImproMask™ Plus
is a washable and reusable cloth face mask constructed with 3 layers of tightly woven fabrics, including 4 replaceable filters.
Visit the online store and upgrade your face mask now:Face Mask - Shop Cloth & Disposable Face Masks | GIMDx, Inc.
- Outer Layer - Polyester-cotton
- Middle Layer - Melt blown nonwoven fabric (filters out dust, pollen, secondhand smoke, particles, and droplets)
- Inner Layer - Anti-allergenic waffle pattern fabric for moisture absorption
- Replaceable Filter - Each individually packaged mask comes with 4 disposable adhesive filters
- Nose Clip – Unique indentation to reduce masks movement and eliminate gaps
- Ear Loops - Adjustable rubber cushion for a secure and comfortable fit.
- Manufactured in a quality-controlled facility
- Exceptionally durable and colorfast to withstand multiple washings
References:Extra Layers Can Improve Face Masks' Effectiveness (aarp.org)Dr. Fauci: Double mask during Covid makes common sense, more effective (cnbc.com)You Need to Upgrade Your Mask Now: Here's How | Elemental (medium.com)https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=832200477345558