Research and Development Laboratory
The GIMDx R&D laboratory is designed to facilitate the development of new technologies and products for in vitro diagnostics (IVD) markets. It includes BSL2 space that is equipped with real time PCR, high-throughput fluorescent and chemiluminescent detection, multicolor flow cytometry, brightfield and darkfield microscopy, and protein purification and clinical chemistry instrumentation.
Past and ongoing projects include:
- Point-of-care testing (PoCT) medical device development;
- Molecular diagnostic products, including amplification, detection and sample preparation;
- Immunoassays for infectious agents and health status;
- Flow cytometry assays for cell surface and tumor markers, expression analysis;
- Medical sample (blood, urine, saliva) stabilization (pre-analytics);
- Solutions for clinical microscopic analysis.